Sunday 7 October 2012

SEEING REDS

After looking through Arina Gordienko's work, I suddenly became more aware of the colour red. I also started sketching away and found that we can be a really good source of inspiration to ourselves. Self portraits, in fact, encourage deep observation and reflection. 

Here, I have covered my forehead with some layers of red, following Gordienko's approach, however, despite my understanding of her beliefs in spiritual connectivity with the Universe, my thoughts drifted more towards the idea of creativity itself. In particular, the right side of the brain, which is known to be the most expressive in artistic and emotive terms. 


How would I enhance this whole concept in a self portrait, while adopting the use of thread and drawing?


No comments:

Post a Comment